Screen Innovation

Ecrans Blancs et Ecrans techniques

Modérateur : Les Modérateurs

vévé38
Professionnel

Screen Innovation

Messagepar vévé38 » 28 Sep 2015, 11:28

Screen Innovation vient de passer n°1 mondial des écrans de projection devant Stewart et Da-Lite.

Cette marque propose tout une gamme d'écrans de projection que vous pouvez consulter sur leur site officiel : http://www.screeninnovations.com/.

Le magasin HD Land nous apprend qu'il devient distributeur officiel de S.I. pour la France : http://www.hdlandblog.com/2015/09/scree ... an-de.html.
HD Land nous apprend également que S.I. sera représenté au festival Son et Image à Paris, les 17 et 18 octobre 2015.

HD Fever va publier des tests de produits S.I. : http://www.hdfever.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8950.

Edition du 17/10/2015 : Catalogue et prix

Hervé

Soulnight
Modérateur

Re: Screen Innovation

Messagepar Soulnight » 28 Sep 2015, 12:34

Sympa que hdfever fasse des tests de leurs écrans! :-)
Le site pour les tests de projecteurs & le home-cinéma: Projectiondream.com :yes:
Nos derniers tests:
--> Epson EH-TW9300 vs TW7300 vs Epson EH-LS10000: the Battle!
--> Sony VPL-HW65ES
--> JVC DLA-X5000

vévé38
Professionnel

Messagepar vévé38 » 28 Sep 2015, 13:42

Soulnight a écrit :Sympa que hdfever fasse des tests de leurs écrans! :-)

Tout à fait !
Voilà une marque intéressante puisqu'elle possède une gamme complète, et en plus elle est leader mondial.

Hervé

arakis02

Messagepar arakis02 » 28 Sep 2015, 16:27

c'est vrai que ne pas avoir le N°1 mondial c'été quand même dommage.
certain modèle son super mais assez cher.
par exemple un electrique tensionné avec toile black diamond 2 c'est entre 8000 et 12000€ suivant la taille :hallu:

vévé38
Professionnel

Messagepar vévé38 » 28 Sep 2015, 17:05

arakis02 a écrit :c'est vrai que ne pas avoir le N°1 mondial c'été quand même dommage.
certain modèle son super mais assez cher.
par exemple un electrique tensionné avec toile black diamond 2 c'est entre 8000 et 12000€ suivant la taille :hallu:

Je ne suis pas sûr que ce sera aussi cher que ça, maintenant que HD Land est distributeur. Cela dit, j'ai bien peur que ce soit plus cher que Draper ou Xtrem, par exemple.

Hervé

Soulnight
Modérateur

Messagepar Soulnight » 28 Sep 2015, 17:12

Mais c'est cool parce que ce ne sera plus de l'import. :wink:
Le site pour les tests de projecteurs & le home-cinéma: Projectiondream.com :yes:
Nos derniers tests:
--> Sony VPL-HW65ES
--> JVC DLA-X5000

Syrius
Administrateur

Messagepar Syrius » 28 Sep 2015, 18:03

Très intéressant !
Hâte de lire le test de HDfever.

Ce n'était pas le Black Diamond qui produisait des dérives colorimétrique vers le violet ?
Le Slate serait son successeur ? Espérons qu'ils aient corrigé ce gros défaut.
TV : Samsung PS 50A676 Ampli : Nakamichi AV1 + AVP1 Enceintes : Studio Lab (Av: SLB 302 + SUB B01 C : SLB Center02 Ar : SLB Sat02) Paradigm (Caisson : Prestige 1000SW) Sources : Pioneer BDP-320 ; Freebox HD v.5 ; Xbox ONE S

Soulnight
Modérateur

Messagepar Soulnight » 28 Sep 2015, 19:22

I was able to demo a 1.2 Slate zero edge screen and a 1.4 Black Diamond Zero edge screen yesterday. I MUCH PREFERED the Slate screen. Both screens look good. But the Slate screen had great colors, zero shimmering and sparkles. I just could not believe it is the cheaper material in comparison to the Black Diamond. It looks superb

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/23-screen ... st36401922
Nos derniers tests:
--> Sony VPL-HW65ES
--> JVC DLA-X5000

Soulnight
Modérateur

Messagepar Soulnight » 28 Sep 2015, 19:26

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/23-screen ... 015-a.html

Scott Wilkinson a écrit :Image

SI's new ambient light-rejecting screen material is less expensive and available in larger sizes than the company's Black Diamond.

The prototype Wolf Cinema BPP laser-illuminated projector being demonstrated at the Venetian was shown on a new screen material called Slate from Screen Innovations, a less-expensive, more flexible alternative to the company's highly regarded Black Diamond ambient light-rejecting material. For example, while Black Diamond maxes out at 120" diagonal at 16:9 (60" tall at all aspect ratios), Slate can go up to 200" diagonal at 16:9 (120" tall). It's also rollable and can be put in a retractable housing with no loss of size; Black Diamond is limited to no more than 110" diagonal at 16:9 (55" tall) in a retractable housing.

With a gain of 1.2, it is said to reject 65% of ambient light, whereas Black Diamond (gain 0.8 or 1.4) is said to reject 85%. Basically, Slate consists of the first three layers used in Black Diamond on a PVC backing, which is why it rejects less ambient light than the older material. There is no microperf option yet, but Screen Innovations is working on it.

The demo screen was 2.35:1 and 133" diagonal with the company's zero edge frame and LED light kit, which bathes the area behind the screen in colored light. (I wouldn't order it like that; such a configuration distorts the colors we perceive on the screen. Other than providing cool lighting when not watching anything on the screen, the only good use I can think of for this is as a bias light with white light at D65 and 10% of the peak-brightness level on the screen, but unless you have a super-bright projector, there really is no need for that.) To compare costs, a Black Diamond in this configuration would cost $5040, while a Slate would cost $3880, a savings of 23%.

The photo at the top of this post was taken with the room lights off, but here's one with a light on right next to the screen. As you can see, there is some washout near the lamp, but overall, the picture holds up pretty well.

Nos derniers tests:
--> Sony VPL-HW65ES
--> JVC DLA-X5000

Soulnight
Modérateur

Messagepar Soulnight » 28 Sep 2015, 19:29

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/23-screen ... st31175761

Y2KFRC a écrit :I was finally able to get my Epson 5030ub and 120" Motorized SI Slate up and running yesterday. I really cannot say enough about how impressed I am with this combination. I have the screen set up in my living room, with moderate ambient light control during the day. Projector throw distance is 22', making my setup ideal for a screen of this type. I sit approximately 14-15' away from the screen.

Hot Spotting - The big worry for many, but with my throw distance I have zero hot spotting. Even with the projector in living room mode (which is quite bright) I see no visible hot spotting.

Sparkles/Silk Screen Effect - This effect is very minor with this screen and is not enough to be distracting to my eyes. It is more pronounced the brighter the image you are throwing at the screen. In living room mode that I use during the day, you can see some sparkles on all white/super bright scenes. My previous experience with sparkles was on my old Mitsubishi Laservue 75" DLP TV; on that TV I found the sparkles unbearable at times. On this screen I would say they are probably half as pronounced and in most scenes are not visible. Even better, at night, when you put the projector into its darker THX mode the sparkles go away almost completely. Even on an all-white screen, from my seating distance the sparkles are not visible.

Off-axis Viewing Cone - From what I can see, this screen loses very little brightly off-axis. This is nothing like the videos I have seen of Black Diamond and the side of the screen getting dark as you move from side to side. I can watch from my dining room table (about 45 degrees off center) and can't see the sides losing any brightness at all. I'm pretty sensitive to this effect also as my old Laservue was terrible off-center and my current 70" Sharp Elite also doesn't look as good when not view straight on. This is one of my biggest surprises with the screen, quite impressed.

Build Quality/Motor - Very impressed, this is not a cheap screen by any means, but I can say I am 100% satisfied with what I received for the money. Motor is smooth and not too loud, construction is top notch as well. Aesthetics are very nice and it blends nicely into my living room with the white case. Also, the setup for the drop height was super easy using a toggle on the wall switch. No need to use any hidden screws to set the drop which I've read can be challenging on other motorized screens. And the 12v trigger hooked up to my Epson works like a charm!

Overall, this screen ended up being perfect for my needs. I researched ambient light rejecting screens for close to a year before pulling the trigger on this, but I am not disappointing at all with my choice. This screen will not work for everyone though, especially if you cannot accommodate for a long throw distance. I didn't have chance to test shorter throws for hot-spotting, but I would be cautious if you can't get a bit beyond the recommend throw ratio of 1.5.

Here is a picture of my screen with a crap ton of light on, not too shabby at all. And this was a dark scene. Something like Avatar or sports looks completely solid with no wash-out.

And here is quick video of the motorized action:
http://youtu.be/qWXZxov72Sw

Lastly, big thanks to Mike from the AVS Store for the excellent service. I highly recommend giving him a call for a quote or advice on what screen will work best in your situation.

Bill
Nos derniers tests:
--> Sony VPL-HW65ES
--> JVC DLA-X5000

Soulnight
Modérateur

Messagepar Soulnight » 28 Sep 2015, 19:32

Andreas21 a écrit :I just tested a sample of the Slate 1.2 in my HT and mounted it in the center of my screen, and to me it had lots of sparkles. Compared to my Pure White 1.3 witch has a very small amount of sparkles the Slate had waaay to much for my tase and I could see it all the time. I have read about it here and see people report about the Slate 1.2 and the small amount of sparkle it has and this makes me wonder if the sample (on a metal plate) has way more sparkle than the actual screen it self? I also have a dnp 08-85 in my other cinema (with white walls and ceiling) and it also has barly noticeable sparkles and looks much better than the Slate in this regard.

I tested the Black Diamond 1.4 a couple of years ago and remember it to have even more sparkles than the Slate.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/members/7 ... eas21.html
Nos derniers tests:
--> Sony VPL-HW65ES
--> JVC DLA-X5000

Soulnight
Modérateur

Messagepar Soulnight » 28 Sep 2015, 19:34

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/23-screen ... st36449282

enricoclaudio a écrit :Two weeks ago I got samples of Slate 1.2 and 0.8 and definitely it's not a material for everyone. I can see a lot of hotspots and sparkles at any place I put the screen sample over my Carada Cinema White screen. Also the viewing angle is so narrow that as soon you move 2 ft from the center all colors look washout. I do recommend to everyone that is planning into get this screen to ask SI for a screen sample. Some people are more sensible to sparkles and hotspots than others.
Nos derniers tests:
--> Sony VPL-HW65ES
--> JVC DLA-X5000

Soulnight
Modérateur

Messagepar Soulnight » 28 Sep 2015, 19:41

TEST de projectorcentral du SI slate 1.2

http://www.projectorcentral.com/ambient ... ions-Slate
Nos derniers tests:
--> Sony VPL-HW65ES
--> JVC DLA-X5000

Soulnight
Modérateur

Messagepar Soulnight » 28 Sep 2015, 19:46

Le slate 1.2 semble être de par les commentaires similaire à la toile xtrem screen daylight reference 1.1.
Le slate 0.8 plutot l'équivalent du xtrem screen daylight 0.9 ou du draper react 3.0.

Aucun des ces écrans n'est épargnés par les sparkles/paillettes... ;-)

Sauf le DNP supernova 08-85 qui semble (aussi dans mes souvenirs) très épargné par le phénomène en comparaison!
Nos derniers tests:
--> Sony VPL-HW65ES
--> JVC DLA-X5000

vévé38
Professionnel

Messagepar vévé38 » 28 Sep 2015, 19:47

Soulnight a écrit :
I was able to demo a 1.2 Slate zero edge screen and a 1.4 Black Diamond Zero edge screen yesterday. I MUCH PREFERED the Slate screen. Both screens look good. But the Slate screen had great colors, zero shimmering and sparkles. I just could not believe it is the cheaper material in comparison to the Black Diamond. It looks superb

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/23-screen ... st36401922

Pas de moiré et pas de paillettes, je demande à voir, mais si c'est vrai, alors ce serait hyper intéressant.

Hervé

Revenir vers « Ecrans de projection »