janus50 une sacrée évolution audio

Enceintes Hi-Fi (enceintes électrodynamiques, panneaux, ...)

Modérateur : Les Modérateurs

onken10

Re: janus50 une sacrée évolution audio

Messagepar onken10 » 15 Juin 2009, 19:26

les gros bouffes les petits c'est bien connu ,
@+ onken10
sunfire tgIII- janus 50 sur vot enceintes DIY vot+ ESS central idem- onken &ess- 2 sub de 46 mc cauley - pchc projo barco 808 graphics, jvc hd 350 esl57

Camui
Paranoïd Androïd

Messagepar Camui » 15 Juin 2009, 20:50

tazz a écrit :Tout cela est très olol genuine.

Un Fennec_seal_of_quality ne serait pas usurpé.

Le président d'E.D.V. est prévenu, au fait.
내가 제일 잘 나가

angeloitacare

Messagepar angeloitacare » 15 Juin 2009, 21:33

Je rappelle que Serge Schmidlin écrit et parle très bien français,
pourquoi cette intervention en anglais ? mystère.

Serge a respondu en anglais, parce-que il a respondu en " letters feedback " de sixmoons :

http://www.6moons.com/lettersfeedback/l ... dback.html

a la lettre de Titounit.

tiburce

Messagepar tiburce » 17 Juin 2009, 16:05

Puisqu'il est question d'un échange de lettres avec "6 Moons" (site audio US) autour du Janus, je crois qu'il est préférable de reproduire ces courriers sur ce forum.
Les voici dans l'ordre chronologique:

1- lettre de titounit à 6 Moons

Dear Sir,

I had the pleasure to read your publications on the 6moons and particularly concerning the Rubanoïde you wrote in November 2007. All the fame of this invention is dedicated in these pages to M. Schmidlin, and two lines only were given to the real finder of this technology, M. Deminière. Now the truth has been revealed that M. Schmidlin has stolen the invention, and M. Deminière explains all the story in a French site CIN&SON at this address (at the end, page 8 to 10).

In the USA, the Rubanoïds are now well known by your publications but what you make known is not the truth. It seems to me and other French enthusiasts of the true product, the Janus 50, that American people, and every good sound amateur everywhere, should know that the genuine marvelous sound transducer is not Rubanoïd but Janus 50, and the man who found and developed this technology is François Deminière.

In the forum http://www.cinetson.org , he explains the way by which Audio Consulting signed an exclusivity contract that was never respected. So all the Rubanoïds are counterfacts and not legal. Furthermore, their performances are not at the level of the original : Janus 50. A purchaser of a Rubanoïd found that the moving coil of the HP was distorded and that the Audio Consulting representatives were unable to repair it. M. Deminière did it and discovered that the technical and sound characteristics of his invention were not respected by these copies. He repaired, and the owner found again the pleasure he discovered the first time he listened to Janus 50. I suppose that your are involved in the insurance your readers must have to be able to know the only people able to repair their Rubanoïds, in fact their Janus 50. And the respect of the truth drive every honest people to re-establish the true information about all this.

For all these reasons, I would be very pleased if you could verify what I describe here, by reading this French forum. And if, secondly, you could present in 6moons the true story of the Rubanoïds and present the true author, M.Deminière. You once made a very interesting portrait of M. Salabert, the producer of the Phy-Hp wide-band hp.

Be sure you can publish a very interesting paper on M. Deminière and the patient way of all experiments he made to reach at end the truly astonishing sound of his Janus.

You perfectly know that it is important not to kill the inventivity in such a delicate matter as the sound industry, because it is owing to persons as M. Deminière that progress are made, not by thiefs and pirates as MM. Schmidlin who see nothing else than their private profit.

Be the defensor of this aim.

Thank you. And excuse my poor English.

Titounit

2- réponse de 6 Moons à titounit :

Dear Sir,
First off, I don't read French. I can't read the forum thread you link to. Two, if Mr. Deminière has indeed legal issues with Mr. Schmidlin about their licensing agreement, the proper course to settlement or restitution is not through my magazine (nor indeed online forums of any kind). Three, my article was written in November 2007. Why hasn't Mr. Deminière contacted me earlier, and in person?

I'm neither an arbitrator nor an investigative journalist. Until M. Deminière contacts me personally, in English, to substantiate your claims, I don't feel obliged to engage this subject. I should require compelling proof that at the time my article first published, the facts represented disagreed with the actual facts as they stood then. To date, Mr. Deminière has not contacted me. Not once. That and the amount of time that has passed suggest that at best, the relationship between Mr. Deminière and Mr. Schmidlin has since soured. Alas, we do not alter articles years after the fact. Change is the nature of life. Disputes of the alleged nature are settled by negotations between the parties afflicted and perhaps, finally in court. They are not settled by self-appointed apostles, online forums or publications such as mine. If Mr. Deminière wishes to contact me about anything, he can do so. But he has not since the article first published 1.5 years ago nor did he at any time prior to seek publicity for this Janus 50 product. As far as any thinking man is concerned, those simple facts speak quite loudly. Whatever might be the case now on the licensing agreement between Mr. Deminière and Mr. Schmidlin is for them to settle. I have never formally reviewed the Rubanoïde and given these allegations, don't have any plans to review the Janus 50 either.

Srajan

3- lettre de Serge Schmidlin à "6 Moons"

Dear Srajan,

It seems that we have some people feeling that Audio Consulting has taken the idea of the Rubanoide from somebody else. As you very well know, the Linaeum goes back to Paul Pattock and all patents are his. That there was a French audiophile that took up the idea in the 90s is also common knowledge to the audiophile community (Hiraga’s article in La Nouvelle Revue Du Son, Mai 2009).

Three years ago, we paid a substantial sum of money to this man (we have all documents that can prove this) in order for him not to give away any info about what we wanted to become a commercial product (the man was under contract and would have gotten his percentage). Not only turned it out that he had absolutely no patent but also he went on giving away the (very dangerous) info about the construction of the Rubaniode.

This was only the first act of the problems.

Rapidly we found ourselves in the position with enormous problems of stability, going as far as having the membranes totally blocked in the air écart. At that point we could not consider any sales to Asian countries where temperature and moisture are very high. We had to invest about €20,000 into finding new moving coil materials and paper membranes to solve the problem. In fact it ended up in a 100% new development for a Linaeum clone as the more we looked into the French one, the more we were facing catastrophic engineering problems. We had to start from scratch which took us over one year to get where we are now.

The French man’s clone that was built by some in the past is so bad that we were approached by many of those DIYers to provide new membranes after the initial ones were simply stuck in the air écart. A recent set of measurements by an independent group of serious French audiophiles also showed that it is only our Rubanoide that matches the 100dB efficiency mark, together with the flat bandwith. If La Nouvelle Revue Du Son chose the Rubanoide as a further development of the Linaeum principle, this is not by chance. By the way, they also mentioned the French guy and his website.

Not only had we paid for a bad copy of the Linaeum but we also found out that there was no patent on it by the French inventor. Now we find ourselves attacked by people whose only motivation is jealousy. The truth is that we are idiots who paid for something that did not exist.

As you were reporting on this speaker in the past, I thought you needed the full story. Sorry for bothering you with such “low level noise”.

Serge Schmidlin

J'espère que des fortiches en engliche vont pouvoir nous proposer des traductions rapides.
Merci

tiburce

Messagepar tiburce » 17 Juin 2009, 16:31

il y a quelques petites choses qui restent obscures dans cette empoignade franco-suisse :
1- Si Schmidlin a voulu l'exclusivité de la distribution du Janus, c'est qu'il était convaincu de la qualité du Janus! comment peut-il dire aujourd'hui que le Janus était très mauvais ?
2- Si cet accord ne concerne que la distribution, pourquoi s'est-il empressé de fabriquer un clone sous une autre marque? au titre de quelle licence?
3- Pourquoi aussi a-t-il dû chercher une solution technique au problème d'humidité, en parallèle avec le concepteur qui seul possède l'expertise technique ?
4- Que vient faire dans cette affaire l'existence ou l'inexistence de licence entre Lineaum et Deminière ? N'est-ce pas un point qui aurait dû être examiné à la signature du contrat d'exclusivité? Si cela n'a pas gêné Schmidlin à l'époque, en quoi cela le gêne-t-il maintenant?
5- D'où viennent les affirmations de Schmidlin concernant un panel d'audiophiles français "sérieux" qui auraient effectué des mesures montrant que seul le Rubanoïde atteint les 100dB de rendement avec une courbe de réponse plate, contrairement au Janus ? Quelqu'un connait-il ces mesures faites par des audiophiles français ?

michel2

Messagepar michel2 » 17 Juin 2009, 17:17

Bonjour à tous,

Permettez-moi cette petite parenthèse ....
Je suis à la recherche de Quad d'occasion mais ces Janus pourraient bien correspondre à ce que je cherche depuis longtemps.
Une possibilité d'écouter les Janus50 en Belgique ou dans le nord de la France?
A+

Michel.

onken10

Messagepar onken10 » 17 Juin 2009, 17:35

Bonjour Michel , j'ai une paire de quad esl 57 remise a neuve a vendre si ça peut vous interressé !!!
@+ onken10
sunfire tgIII- janus 50 sur vot enceintes DIY vot+ ESS central idem- onken &ess- 2 sub de 46 mc cauley - pchc projo barco 808 graphics, jvc hd 350 esl57

billyjul

Messagepar billyjul » 18 Juin 2009, 11:18

tiburce a écrit :il y a quelques petites choses qui restent obscures dans cette empoignade franco-suisse :
1- Si Schmidlin a voulu l'exclusivité de la distribution du Janus, c'est qu'il était convaincu de la qualité du Janus! comment peut-il dire aujourd'hui que le Janus était très mauvais ?
2- Si cet accord ne concerne que la distribution, pourquoi s'est-il empressé de fabriquer un clone sous une autre marque? au titre de quelle licence?
3- Pourquoi aussi a-t-il dû chercher une solution technique au problème d'humidité, en parallèle avec le concepteur qui seul possède l'expertise technique ?
4- Que vient faire dans cette affaire l'existence ou l'inexistence de licence entre Lineaum et Deminière ? N'est-ce pas un point qui aurait dû être examiné à la signature du contrat d'exclusivité? Si cela n'a pas gêné Schmidlin à l'époque, en quoi cela le gêne-t-il maintenant?
5- D'où viennent les affirmations de Schmidlin concernant un panel d'audiophiles français "sérieux" qui auraient effectué des mesures montrant que seul le Rubanoïde atteint les 100dB de rendement avec une courbe de réponse plate, contrairement au Janus ? Quelqu'un connait-il ces mesures faites par des audiophiles français ?

monsieur Schmidlin n'est pas né de la dernière pluis, quand il à arnaqué Mr Deminière il à tout vérifié les brevets et s'est organisé de manière à récup les plants pour faire leur rubanoïd et évincer Mr Deminière en suite

SoulMan

Messagepar SoulMan » 18 Juin 2009, 11:35

J'y connais pas grand chose en droit et en propriété intellectuelle, mais si Mr Deminière n'a rien déposé/protégé j'ai bien peur qu'il l'ait méchamment dans l'os. (poils au dos... ©Krosoft)
Maintenant, libre à lui de valoriser sa compétence et son savoir auprès d'un industriel capable de profiter de la notoriété du rubanoïde et de l'écraser par la même occasion. (poils au fion)
Rien n'est constant si ce n'est le changement.
PC : Foobar / Audiotrak Prodigy / Yamaha DSP A2 + Crown D150 / Fountek NeoCD 3.5H + JBL 2118 + Beyma 12BR70
Salon : Foobar / Echo Audiofire 12 / Crown DC familly / Kit Pro38 Audax

michel2

Messagepar michel2 » 18 Juin 2009, 11:56

Bonjour Onken et merci de m'avoir rappelé ton offre.
Je n'avais pas envisagé de remonter si loin dans le temps, mais pourquoi pas ?
Malgré tout des 57 cela me fait un peu peur point de vue fiabilité et ampli nécessaire ......
Une photo serait disponible ?
Je te recontacte sans doute prochainement en MP.

Quad ou Janus ?
Comment évoluer et surtout comment arriver à cesser de penser à de constantes possibilités d'"amélioration" !
Quad au départ me tentait pour cette raison ....
Comment passer les années qui me restent à écouter de la musique plutôt qu'à me tourmenter sans fin ?
Vivre 20 ans encore avec le même hp, ça me fait rêver .....
J'écoute plutôt de la musique de chambre, quatuors, les suites de Bach pour violon seul ou violoncelle, des choses comme ça ....
Des avis ?
Les Janus50 me semblent également dignes d'intérêt, mais, la nécessité de leur adjoindre quelque chose à partie de 200 hz me fait un peu peur .....
La même "ajoute" est indispensable à mes baffles plans Phy hp KM30 et rien ne parvient à me satisfaire !

Michel.

tiburce

Messagepar tiburce » 18 Juin 2009, 13:18

Et voici les derniers échanges avec le site "6 moons":

Dear Sir,

Concerning this French-Swiss debate about the Janus/Rubanoïde, I agree with you for the legal aspects to be treated not here; but, if you still accept some simple people considerations, permit me to point on some residual questions:

1- If Schmidlin wanted to get the exclusive rights to sell the Janus in all the world, even in Asian countries, it is certainly because he was convinced of its musical qualities ! How can he now declare 'The French man's clone that was built by some in the past is so bad'?
2- If the signed agreement concerned only the selling, why Schmidlin was so in a hurry to built his own clone called Rubanoïd ?
3- And when the paper problem occurred, what was the obligation of the seller to find a technical solution, which is the domain of the conceptor because he is the expert here ?
4- What is the matter with the existence or not of a licence between Lineaum and Deminière? Was it not the time to deal with this at the signature of the exclusivity contract? And a little too late now?
5- From where does come the information of Schmidlin about a panel of 'serious' French Audiophiles who have made measures on efficiency (dB/1w/1w) and also on the flatness of the response range? Here in France, we never saw publications on this subject, and be sure that many of us are impatient to discover it !
About the respective qualities of Janus versus Rubanoîd, we remember that you declare in your response that YOU NEVER FORMALLY REVIEWED THE RUBANOÏDE !

For the quality of Janus, we do not lack testimonies all published on the Deminière's site, and several forums, in French, sorry.

For all this, Schmidlin answer seems to be a little uneasy, and finally far from praiseworthy.

Titounit

Again, none of this is my concern. Deminière has never contacted me and I don't get involved in this type of dispute. Had I formally reviewed the Rubanoide and it turned out to be a forgery or someone else's intellectual property, it would be different.

As it stands, I don't need you to remind me that I never formally reviewed the Rubanoide. I am in perfect command of my senses and I remember perfectly well what I did and did not do. I heard this speaker at a friend's and simply reported on its existence at a time when no other audio magazine in the world yet had.

Now let me make myself clear. Stop pestering me about this entire affair. I'm sure Mr. Deminière can take care of his own business. And it won't be with me but with whoever he accuses of theft. I am a publisher. I wrote about a speaker in an industry feature article. End of story.

If you have any personal involvement in this, contact Serge Schmidlin.

Srajan

angeloitacare

Messagepar angeloitacare » 18 Juin 2009, 17:53

Je vous souvenir ( souvernir = remember ? ), que Srajan n'a pas seulement donnez publicité a Rubanoide, mais aussi a Janus50, en 12/26/07, aprés que j'ai lui informé de l'existence. Je croix que il est imparcialle dans ça question.

En fait, il a rien a voir avec cette histoir.

the Rubanoid can be bought as kit :

osoufflet@voila.fr

http://home.tele2.fr/mon-site-perso/index.htm

Forward

Srajan Ebaen to me
show details 12/26/07
Thanks, I just added this as an announcement for our News Room.

Best.

Srajan Ebaen
Publisher, 6moons.com
+357/26621913
Coral Bay, Cyprus
- Show quoted text -
Forward

AudioVoice Acoustics Ltda to Srajan
show details 12/26/07
hello Srajan

that's the price :

Bonjour,
Le prix du semi kit est de 2800 euro + cout d'expedition.Il s'agit d'un semi kit les moteurs et le membranes sont assembles.
Cordialemement
Olivier

ratitifb

Messagepar ratitifb » 18 Juin 2009, 21:16

angeloitacare a écrit :Je vous souvenir ( souvernir = remember ? )
je vous rappelle (en suisse dans le texte) :wink:
du haut de sa pyramide le meilleur ingé son écrit à propos de la distorsion de phase "je vous suggere d'envoyer une sinusoide, puis de tourner la tete de droite a gauche, vous comprendrez de suite ce qu'est un probleme de phase acoustique"

billyjul

Messagepar billyjul » 19 Juin 2009, 11:43

je pense aussi que Mr sarajan n'a rienavoir dans cet histoire, mais pourquoi ne pas lui proposer une écoute du janus50, comme sa il sera fixé et poura écrir un article dessus ;)

angeloitacare

Messagepar angeloitacare » 19 Juin 2009, 13:23

je pense aussi que Mr sarajan n'a rienavoir dans cet histoire, mais pourquoi ne pas lui proposer une écoute du janus50, comme sa il sera fixé et poura écrir un article dessus

et Srajan vive en la suisse français, pas loin allors.... je croix que il est bien ouvert de reçoir samples pour ecouté, et ecrire ces " revues ". Et le Janus nest a ~ 20kg's, pas treaux chére a envoyez une paire avec la post ....

Revenir vers « Enceintes Hi-Fi »