[DVD] Leon (Superbit) : bof-bof

Film en salle, Téléfilms, Bluray, DVD

Modérateurs : RNO, Compte Special Jeu, MatiouzTone, Les Modérateurs

Ghost
Captain Spoiler

[DVD] Leon (Superbit) : bof-bof

Messagepar Ghost » 22 Août 2003, 16:15

Je suis tombé sur une critique de Leon (édition Superbit) dont voici le contenu (il s'agit bien de la version intégrale) :

Video: How Does The Disc Look?

The film's theatrical aspect ratio of 2.35:1 is presented in anamorphic video and the images are very good. There is excellent color balance with natural skin tones and blood-red blood, deep rich blacks, and no visible digital artifacts. My complaint with the original release, visible edge halos, is greatly suppressed; this is obvious from the opening credits. The thick white letters against dark backgrounds no longer contain bright interior outlines around slightly darker cores; the white is more uniform. Compared to the earlier release, this Superbit disc is less messy looking; edge ringing is always a bit distracting. But alas, the video's overall appearance is soft. Fine textures and small object detail are only moderately improved over previous releases. The level of detail simply isn't up to the best current releases by Warner Bros. and Fox. I'm left to speculate that the film elements are soft.

Audio: How Does The Disc Sound?

As you might expect from a Superbit release, there are two 5.1 tracks on this DVD, Dolby Digital and DTS. The quality of the original stems is such that I'm hard pressed to discern a difference between the two tracks. I simply couldn't detect a difference in the timbre of voices or music. But when I compared this new Superbit disc to the original release, I discovered that the lowest octave of deep bass on this new disc had been rolled back. During the opening action sequence, from the time Tonto finds himself looking down the barrel of a semiautomatic handgun, a huge bass drum in Eric Serra's score is tapped repeatedly. In the original release, I could feel the drum in the pit of my stomach; in this new Superbit release, it is audible but unfelt from either of the two 5.1 tracks. Consequently, the sounds of gunfire are less visceral on this new disc and some of the drama suffers as a consequence. This is not an amplitude issue; while watching the Superbit release, I kicked up the gain as much as 9 dB with no significant tactile improvement in the bass. The reasonably active surround effects remain very much the same, but they are rarely discrete. Disable EX decoding.

Subtitles are provided in French, Spanish, Portuguese, and English, for which Closed Captions are also available.

En gros, images un poil meilleures (plus de halos) et son beaucoup moins viscéral :(

Donc, pour caricaturer, on se retrouve avec une édition où l'image est bonne et le son moins bon et une autre où l'audio est bon et l'image moins bonne (est-ce que je me fais bien comprendre ? :D ). Bref, l'idéal serait d'attendre une hypothétique édition spéciale en Z2

Michaël.
"Si vous n'êtes pas vigilants, les médias arriveront à vous faire détester les gens opprimés et aimer ceux qui les oppriment." – Malcolm X

BangoO
Adminederien

Messagepar BangoO » 22 Août 2003, 16:16

Il est dispo en HD :wink:
Camui a écrit :BangoO, je t'aime.

Ghost
Captain Spoiler

Messagepar Ghost » 22 Août 2003, 16:19

Nia-nia-nia :P

Je ne suis pas équipé HD ;)

Michaël.

P.S. : Je te hais :D
"Si vous n'êtes pas vigilants, les médias arriveront à vous faire détester les gens opprimés et aimer ceux qui les oppriment." – Malcolm X

tazz

Messagepar tazz » 23 Août 2003, 08:42

Moi si :!: :D :D

Mais est-ce qu'il y a moyen d'avoir le film complet?
"Donc je ferme après avis des juristes". Managing Director EDV en la_dilettante since summer 2008.

BangoO
Adminederien

Messagepar BangoO » 23 Août 2003, 10:27

tazz a écrit :Mais est-ce qu'il y a moyen d'avoir le film complet?

En cherchant bien ya toujours un moyen oui...
Camui a écrit :BangoO, je t'aime.

David-digital

Messagepar David-digital » 23 Août 2003, 11:20

il semble alors que Columbia ai repris le mix de la version longue et non de laversion courte qui etait plus bassy.

des crabes!!

Revenir vers « Films »